Sullivan County, Indiana - Assessor's Office
The Sullivan County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Sullivan County, Indiana. You can contact the Sullivan County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Sullivan County property tax due date
The Sullivan County Assessor's Office is located in Sullivan, Indiana. Sullivan is the county seat of Sullivan County, where most local government offices are located.
Sullivan County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Sullivan County Information
Sullivan County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Sullivan County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Sullivan County Tax Appraiser.
- The Sullivan County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Sullivan County.
- The Sullivan County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Sullivan County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Sullivan County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Sullivan County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Sullivan County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 812-268-5110. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Sullivan County assessor's office at 812-268-0521. Please call the assessor's office in Sullivan before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Sullivan County Courthouse at 812-268-4491.