City of Bridgeport, Connecticut - Assessor's Office
The City of Bridgeport Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in City of Bridgeport, Connecticut. You can contact the City of Bridgeport Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the City of Bridgeport property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
The City of Bridgeport Assessor's Office is located in the Bridgeport City Hall in Bridgeport, Fairfield County, Connecticut. Bridgeport is the county seat of City of Bridgeport, where most local government offices are located.
City of Bridgeport Assessor Contact Information
City of Bridgeport Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the City of Bridgeport Tax Assessor may also serve as the City of Bridgeport Tax Appraiser.
- The City of Bridgeport Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in City of Bridgeport.
- The City of Bridgeport Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The City of Bridgeport Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in City of Bridgeport, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting City of Bridgeport about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the City of Bridgeport Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 203-576-7241. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the City of Bridgeport assessor's office at 203-332-5521. Please call the assessor's office in Bridgeport before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the City of Bridgeport government at 203-579-6527.